These are the terms and conditions on which we supply tickets for Acton Aid events. Please read these terms carefully before you submit your order.
Last updated: 28 January 2024
ABOUT US & HOW TO CONTACT US
We are a not-for-profit organisation registered as a Community Interest Company in England & Wales (CIC registration no. 11470309). Our website address is: www.actonaid.org.uk
All events are run by volunteers and all surplus funds are used Acton Aid CIC for charitable good causes in the local community. To read more about us please visit: www.actonaid.org.uk/about/
We can be contacted through the Contact Us form on our website. It will help us if you supply the relevant Order Number when contacting us. We may contact you regarding your order by telephone or by writing to your email or postal addresses. We always endeavour to treat you fairly.
OUR CONTRACT WITH YOU
Our acceptance of your order will take place when we send an email confirmation of your order. At this point a contract will come into existence between you and us. This email will include your unique Order Number. We only supply tickets for personal use. If we suspect for any reason that an order for tickets has been made for the purposes of resale (whether as part of a package or otherwise) or for use as part of any commercial promotion or package in the course of business or for a profit (including, for example, as part of any social media promotion), we will not accept your order and where necessary, a refund will be provided to you for any payments made for the tickets (less the booking fee).
PROVIDING YOUR TICKETS
We charge a booking fee to cover the administrative costs in relation to the booking of tickets and providing the tickets to you. The booking fee is non-refundable under any circumstances. This fee will be as displayed to you on our website. We provide tickets to you after accepting your order directly to the email address provided. Once the tickets have been booked for a particular event, they cannot be transferred to a different date or to a different event.
PROVIDING THE EVENTS
We will provide the events at the date, time and venue as stated in the order process, unless we have notified you of any changes to the event or we have delayed or cancelled the event. Our events are outdoors and will continue regardless of weather conditions unless cancelled as a result of extreme weather conditions that may pose a risk to health and safety.
Cancellation due to severe weather conditions or Government guidance – Subject to our ability to recover expenditure from our Event Insurance we will refund you the price you paid for the tickets, except for any non-refundable booking fee, by the method you used for payment.
Interruption due to severe weather conditions – We may need to pause an event performance for health and safety reasons. We will look to recover the performance schedule in such circumstances but it is unlikely we will be able to claim from our Event Insurance and provide you a refund.
You will only be admitted to the event by showing the correct valid ticket to the event. No other proof of purchase will be accepted.
We reserve the right to refuse you admission to an event. We reserve the right to search you and all your personal property prior to entry to an event. If you fail or refuse to comply with instructions from any persons acting on behalf of us, you may be removed from the site. If you are considered drunk or under the influence of drugs you will not be admitted to the event and you may be removed from the site.
We reserve the right to make changes to the performance schedule and changes to the performing artists without prior notification.
TERMS FOR THE EVENT SITE
We do not provide seating but you may bring your own folding chairs.
In order that we continue to enjoy the support of Iron Acton Parish Council and local residents we kindly ask that you:
- Bring your tickets for scanning upon entry to the event
- Follow the instructions of our marshals at all times, including any public announcements made over the PA system
- Follow our event signs and drive considerately
- Use the off-street parking provided and the drop-off zones
- Be considerate of other attendees
- Supervise children under 16 at all times. Under 16s must be supervised at a maximum ratio of 1 adult to 4 children
- Arrive and leave the event quietly
The following items are prohibited:
- Naked flames, including but not limited to, fireworks, BBQs, sparklers, candles and flares
- Undiluted spirits
- Any illegal drugs
- Dogs (except for registered assistance dogs)
- Any professional photography
You must follow the latest UK Government COVID-19 or other public health guidance in place at the time of the event.
Acton Aid reserves the right to remove anyone from the venue and surrounding area if they fail to comply with instructions.
Acton Aid will not be responsible for damage or injury caused, or that caused by third parties, or for loss of personal property on site or left in vehicles.
Ticket holders consent to recording, filming, CCTV and photography that may be used for promotional purposes, by artists as a live product or for security purposes.
ADDITIONAL EVENT SPECIFIC BESPOKE TERMS
Music in the Meadows –
- Facilities for persons with mobility impairment. There will be accessible toilets in the Main Event arena. Pre-booked car parking on the meadows is available for “Blue Badge” holders (subject to suitable ground conditions at the time of the events). Acton Aid cannot guarantee that ground conditions will be suitable for wheelchair users.
- To assist us with the post event clean up please use the refuse and recycling stations present throughout the Main Arena area (or take your rubbish home with you to dispose of)
- The only official event merchandise is sold inside the venue.
- It is possible to pitch small gazebos (maximum size 3 meters by 4 meters) on a first come, first served basis but not before 12:00 noon on Friday 5th July 2024. Gazebos can only be set-up around the outside perimeter in designated areas. All gazebos must be securely fixed. Acton Aid retain the right to move or remove any gazebos.
- Alcoholic drinks. Adults may bring a responsible quantity of alcoholic drinks (excluding undiluted spirits) for personal consumption. However, we will provide a well-stocked and reasonably priced bar which we urge you to support this provision.
Mash in the Meadows (Friday 5th July 2024) –
Food. To help us run two back-to-back events effectively over the weekend please do not to bring your own food to Mash – picnicking is not possible due to the busy nature of the event and space available. We will provide a selection of hot food options (including vegetarian, vegan and gluten-free).
YOUR RIGHTS TO END THE CONTRACT & REQUEST A REFUND
‘Cooling off period’. You have 14 days from the date of purchase to request a refund. You may also request a refund should we change the date and time of the event. Where you wish to do so, please let us know via the Contact Us form on our website. We will refund you (within 30 days) the price you paid for the tickets, except for any non-refundable booking fee, by the method you used for payment.
Acton Aid only sells tickets for Acton Aid events through the website: www.actonaid.org.uk
The site and its content are delivered on an “as-is” and “as-available” basis. Acton Aid disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including also any implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose.
Acton Aid does not promise that the site will be error-free, uninterrupted, or that it will provide specific results from use of the site or any content, search or link on it.
Acton Aid cannot ensure that files you download from the site will be free of viruses or contamination or destructive features.
Acton Aid will not be liable for any damages of any kind arising from the use of this site, including without limitation, direct, indirect, incidental and punitive and consequential damage.
The purchase and use of any ticket shall constitute an acceptance of these conditions by the purchaser and holder.